I was just saying the other day that I was amazed that we had made it 3 years with Lincoln without stitches or other injury. Maybe I jinxed us!
Last Friday night, May 20, we were up late playing games. At about midnight, Lincoln came stumbling upstairs, still half asleep. Dan cuddled with him for a bit and then took him back downstairs to bed. I went down a few minutes later to say good night. When I gave Lincoln a hug, he whimpered and said something about his head. I felt his head and found a huge goose egg. I told Dan to come feel and as I moved my hand, I noticed there was blood on my fingers! Dan grabbed the lamp and shined it on Lincoln’s head, shedding enough light for us to tell that he had quite the gash on his head. Lincoln could not tell us what happened and we had no idea what could have caused the wound. Dan took him into the bathroom to clean it up and quickly declared that he was going to need stitches. So, we loaded Lincoln into the car and headed to the nearest ER, 20 minutes away. As we left the house, we asked Dan’s sister to go survey Lincoln’s room to see if she could figure out what could have happened. She called us a few minutes later and told us she had found a single hair on the corner of the bookcase that was right next to his bed. Our best guess is that he somehow tripped while getting out of bed and fell right into the bookcase.
We got into the ER quickly and Lincoln was a champ! He needed 2 staples in his head and, since the numbing injections are worse than staples themselves, the doctor just did the staples quickly after numbing the area with ice for about 10 minutes. No tears were shed during the whole ordeal! I couldn’t believe how brave Lincoln was. He was content to play on our phones and didn’t even seem phased by the fact that it was the middle of the night.
Getting vitals taken at the triage station.
Waiting to be seen by the doctor.
Gash pre-staples.
All fixed up.
Proud mom and tough kid! I think I would have cried if I had to have my head stapled! Let’s hope we can go at least 3 more years until our next ER visit!


4 comments:
He looks happy about the whole thing! Sheesh! What an adventure.
That is crazy tough, I don't think I could have handled it that well.
oh i am so glad that he didn't freak out. and you are looking prett cute for the middle of the night! daishan
Poor guy! And Ash, your hair is so cute!
Post a Comment