Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

random thoughts on adoption #2

I have lots of fun pictures to post of things we have been doing so far this summer. But I'm not going to do that right now. I've been thinking a lot about our second adoption journey lately. With Lincoln, we were 1 year from start to finish -- from starting our paperwork to him being born. At this point, we are at about 14 months (but who is counting, right?). I thought this time around would be easier since we already have Lincoln. I thought I wouldn't feel that hole of being childless. But it's hard in another way. I see how Lincoln is with babies and what an awesome big brother he will be and it makes me sad that I can't make that happen as quickly as I would like. I've been doing lots of reading and trying to figure out how to speed things up. But I came to a realization the other day. I need to just be patient. Profound, eh? I was looking at our adoption blog and our profile and wondering if I needed to revamp things and make us look more appealing. And then I realized that this is who we are. Anything different would be changing who we are to "sell" ourselves better. I don't want to change who I am or who we are in order to get a baby. Our baby will come to us when the time is right. I have a new resolve to just chill out and wait patiently. I have the funniest, cutest kid who I need to enjoy instead of wishing the days away hoping for another baby.

3 comments:

Hill said...

being patient is easier to say than to do, at least for me. It is easy to think during the day that I need to chill and be patient, the obvious answer to most of my struggles, but patience takes practice, lots and lots, for me:) I wish you luck in being patient and in all the things you are trying to be patient for.

Brooke said...

Ash, I haven't read your blog forever. I miss you cute girl....like ALOT! I think of you often and there is always a prayer in my heart that a little baby is on it's way to your home soon! What a tremendous example of faith, perservance, and trust you are to me! One of the many many many reasons I love ya! We really do need to lunch/dinner soon. Miss you friend!

Natalie said...

But it's still hard and that's okay! We love you and your funny cute kiddo!