Monday, June 9, 2008
it's official...i'm a mom
We went to Orem tonight to run a few errands. Our last stop was Babies 'R Us to get a car bottle warmer for a road trip we are taking in a couple of weeks. We knew exactly what we were getting, so we didn't take the diaper bag in because we wouldn't be long. In that not very long time, Lincoln spit-up. Of course. Dan thought it was funny but I wasn't going to walk around the store with throw up all over my kid's chin and shirt. So, I wiped it off with my hand and wiped it on my pants. Dan thought it was gross, but it didn't bother me at all. He declared me an official mom. Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Its official! Cute story. We went to a friends to eat last night. Hannah, of course had a bib... but she was sitting with me, so I needed one too! Isn't it great to be a mom... you'll never be clean again!
You never said what you did with the throw up...wiping it on your own clothes would make you true mom of the month! (Hey, I'd rather keep my kid looking clean than myself...no one's looking at me anymore!)
Good for you Ashley! (Although I can't tell you how many things we've ended up buying just because we needed it right then in the store even though I knew we had it in the car).
Too funny! I have loved all the funny things that have happened like that that make me think that I have been welcomed into mommyhood!
Congrats on being a Mom. I remember when Ariah was just a newborn, I used to change right after she spit-up on me. Now I don't see the point much anymore. There is nothing that makes a baby more nauseated than the smell of clean. Not to mention that Jacque is right, no one is looking at me anymore anyway.
Hey Ashley, Sorry I'm spying on you... well, not really. It looks like you are doing really well. Congrats on the "spit up" incident, believe me you've got a lot more coming your way! Anyways, I got your blog off the class of 2000 site 'cause we (the class of '94) are looking for our own and we thought we might just find a link to Aaron & Daishan. Oh well! Give them this referral if you can
http://sfhs1994.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I don't know if you remember me from study sessions with Alysha in the HBLL :) but I found your blog from hers, and wanted to say congrats! :)
How funny! It's true, and you'll end up getting pooped on, thrown up on, and all other natural disasters. You love 'em and are more grateful for your mom and what she did for you to keep you looking good:)
Welcome to the Mommy Club!! Lincoln is so cute and getting big. I havn't visited your blog for a while and I can't believe it's been 2 mos. already. Time flies. I read down a bit also and thanks for the bit on how to save page elements. I'm in the process of spicing up my blog right now and have been trying to figure out how to do that. I hope I can get it to work for me, I'm so computer challenged these days.
Post a Comment