
How could it have not been a good day when I have this adorable face to wake up to every morning?

Mother's Day can't be right without a shout out to my own amazing mom. She passed away ten years ago this fall. I'm sad that I never got to have a relationship with her as an adult and I was such a typical teenager that I never really appreciated her until she was gone. I love her for everything she taught me and her example of how to be a good mom. I'm lucky to have had the seventeen years I had with her. (By the way, the picture of her is when she was in high school, but it's the best pictures I have of her and she looks the same except her 70's hair!)
I'm also extremely grateful for all the other moms who are a part of my life. My stepmom, mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, grandmas, and friends. I couldn't ask for better examples than these amazing women. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!


9 comments:
You're not supposed to make me cry! That picture is awesome, she looks alot like Alecia.
Wonderful tribute to your Mom! I miss her too and I don't even know her, which makes me very sad. I am so grateful for her and how she raised each of you to be the people you are!
Happy Mothers Day to you!
I'm with Hillary - I didn't want to cry today! She is so beautiful and she was an amazing person.
Lincoln is still as cute as ever!!
Oh man you made me cry too. Your mom is beautiful, I love the post. Glad you had a good mother's day.
Ashley, I was thinking about your Mom just the other day. What a wonderful and caring person/mother she was. I can't believe it's been that long- I still miss her. She would be so proud of you. I bet you are a wonderful mother also. What a darling baby, Congratulations!
Cathy Davies
Oh my goodness! I have never seen a picture of your mom! You look alot like her, Alecia more but I see her in you too! That is so awesome! Happy Mother's day!! I miss ya!
Wow... I think you look a lot like her! She was beautiful (I even love the 70's hair). I bet you're a great mom, just like her. And your little boy is so cute. I love the picture of him in the hat and the one of him asleep in the carrier. Aren't those the best? Olivia likes to ride around the house in hers. If it is one of her grumpy days, we do the dishes together, laundry, vacuum... all while she is in the carrier! She loves it, and saves my sanity.
Happy Mother's Day.
Wow... I think you look a lot like her! She was beautiful (I even love the 70's hair). I bet you're a great mom, just like her. And your little boy is so cute. I love the picture of him in the hat and the one of him asleep in the carrier. Aren't those the best? Olivia likes to ride around the house in hers. If it is one of her grumpy days, we do the dishes together, laundry, vacuum... all while she is in the carrier! She loves it, and saves my sanity.
Happy Mother's Day.
Ashley, It has taken me several days to be able to write about your mom. She is still so close to my heart. I think about her everyday. We spent so many hours serving in callings, talking on the phone for hours while our husbands were at work and going for rides talking about our kids and about being sick. I remember telling her one day that she should keep a journal about her journey through the days of cancer. I don't know if she ever did, you probably do. One of the funniest things she did was tape Jay Huntingtons mouth shut in Nursery. If you knew him you know he deserved it, but it didn't go over very well with Sandy his mom. It was so funny. I miss her so much and I know she is so proud of you and the mother you have become. I Love You!!! Barb
Post a Comment