Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

9 months plus some!

I'm a week and a half late on this post, but better late than never! Lincoln turned 9 months old on December 26. Here's an overview at the things he can do:
*He is very mobile. He still just rolls everywhere but can get to anything he wants to. He'll get up on his hands and knees and rock but then drops to his tummy and uses his feet to push off and gain distance. I think we'll have a crawler soon.
*He gets into EVERYTHING! I love watching him explore his surroundings but I get tired of telling him he can't touch the DVD player or open the cabinets on the entertainment center. I'm working on a solution to this. It is pretty funny to watch him roll over to the DVD player and then look to see if I'm watching as his little hand reaches out to touch it. He also loves the garbage, our laptops, the pedals on the piano, and any cord he can reach.
*We've started feeding him table foods and he has done really well. No choking incidences yet. He eats peaches, cheese, bread, macaroni & cheese, and usually whatever we have for dinner (at least a little bit).He loves his Gerber snacks--loves to eat them and throw them all over my kitchen floor.
*He has learned how to clap and does so when we say, "Yay!"
*He knows where his tongue is and likes to stick it out. He also thinks it's funny when we stick our tongues out and he likes to touch/grab them.
*He has finally learned how to sit up by himself from lying on his back. He's been working on this for a couple of months. It's nice to not have to sit him up all the time.
*He's very content to sit in his crib and play in the mornings until I go down to get him. I like listening to him jabbering away through the monitor.

He has such a fun personality and although I'm not always as patient with him as I should be, I love watching him grow up and discover the world around him!

All bundled up to go to Grandma & Grandpa's on Christmas Eve.


I'm working on teaching him how to roll a ball back on forth to me. He usually just gets excited and starts kicking his feet and kicks it back.


He likes to pull his hair. This is the result when he does it while he is eating.


He doesn't like wearing shoes and socks, but loves to pull his socks off and play with them!


He has crazy hair some mornings, usually from sleeping on his side. He's due for another haircut!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Ash...he is so cute. I can't believe he is already 9 months. Seems like just yesterday that we came down to see you! What a fun little boy!

Hill said...

Those are some cute pic's. it does go by so fast.

Janna said...

I love the new blog look. Soooo cute. And your son is so freakin cute. I esp. love the funny bed hair. What a cutie. He sure is growing up fast.

Natalie said...

Cute pictures. He's got the sitting up thing down, huh?! He's been so close. It was fun to watch him try so hard. He was so determined. He's growing up fast.

bonnie jack said...

what a cute boy. i wish dorian had some hair to mess up. :)

Bonnie said...

now I miss you guys even more :(
he is SO cute and getting big! I love to look at all your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is looking old! The thing about the socks makes me laugh cause Toby did that too. Love the hair.