Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

wellness program

With the beginning of the new year, Dan's work is offering participation in a wellness program. We decided to participate with the incentive of a discount in our insurance premium. To participate, we had to have a health assessment completed. I was nervous about having mine done because what girl wants to be told she's fat and unhealthy?! I went this morning and was glad to know that my only real "problem" is my weight, which I already knew. Due to different factors, Dan and I will both have the opprotunity to work with a health coach. I'm actually kind of excited about it. I totally have the desire to start exercising, but lack the motivation to do it on a regular basis, especially in the winter. If the weather were warmer it would be easier. But I think having someone to be accountable to and knowing that it will cost us money if I don't meet my goals will be good for me. I can do this.

4 comments:

Fords said...

You can do it! I agree though, in the winter, it is VERY hard to exercise! Good luck!!

Hill said...

it is WAY hard in the winter. I'm getting so fat and lazy. But Elise and I are planning on running the speedy spaniard, if you want to join in the fun:)

Heidy said...

You can do it. It is hard to exercise in the winter. For me it seems it is hard to exersise when there is no winter. Ugh. Good Luck!!!;)

Michelle D said...

What a good idea! I want a coach...who's name is not Dave Droge.

My biggest issue is - time away from Sammy - how do you exercise at a gym with a little one??? Ideas anyone?