
As some of you know, I have been working on getting a medical transcription certification for some time now. I enrolled in August 2007, after I decided not to go back to grad school to complete my masters degree. I was really gung ho about studying for a while in order to get out of my job that I hated and be able to work from home. I switched jobs in October and my motivation faded. Then, when we found out we were getting Lincoln, I was motivated again for a little while due to the impending loss of income. However, since Lincoln's birth, I have been very inconsistent in my studying. I finally completed the coursework and began the practical portion of the course--actual transcription--in December.
The course is set for one year. I've already extended once and will have to again as my extension is up February 1. I have vowed to myself that this will be my last extension, which means I have until June 1 to finish my coursework and pass my final. It's totally doable, I just have to stay focused.
I think one of the big things that has been hard for me is that I was always so distracted whenever I would try to study. So, this week I finally got on top of things and cleaned up our extra room/office in our basement. I should have done this months ago! I can't hear a single noise from upstairs and I have no distractions. I've been amazed at what I got done tonight being down here by myself. I'm finally feeling like I can really do this.


6 comments:
yay! you can do it.
Are are getting so close! Good luck
I need to do that, I am way way way behind.
You go girl!! Good luck to you! It's SOOOO much easier to work when you have no distractions. I work from home but I CANNOT do it until the kids are in bed, course our computer is in the middle of everything. So late nights for me, ALOT!!
That's awesome! I know there are plenty of projects that I need to get done. Like you said you just get distracted and so unmotivated (well at least I do). Good luck with the medical transcription.
I am proud of you Ash! way to go! by the way, what exactly is a medical transcription? maybe I am just really dumb, but Idon't think I really know.
Post a Comment