Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

100 things about me

I've seen this on a couple of other people's blogs and think it's fun to read these things. So, I'm going to give it a shot for myself and see what I can come up with!

1. I absolutely love being a mom.
2. Dan & I tried to have kids for 4 1/2 years before adopting Lincoln.
3. If there is any kind of junk food in my house, I will eat it. Sometimes, all of it. (Dan's not much of sweets guy, unfortunately.)
4. My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 14 and passed away when I was 16 (almost 17).
5. I think puppies and kittens are so dang cute, but I have no desire to own one, especially an adult cat or dog.
6. Dan and I were engaged 8 days after he got home from his mission.
7. Our first kiss was a few hours after we were engaged.
8. I love to read--I have a five page list of books I want to read and/or own.
9. I loved the TV show "Lois and Clark" when it came out when I was in middle school/jr. high. When it came out on DVD, I bought all 4 seasons and have watched them more than once.
10. I think most situations in life can be related back to an episode of "Friends."
11. I wish I could play the piano really well.
12. One of my biggest fears is dying when my kids are still young.
13. I liked the Twilight books, but don't really understand the whole rave about them. (Nobody hate me for saying that!)
14. I would love to be an awesome photographer.
15. I really, really enjoy going out to eat.
16. I love Coldstone ice cream.
17. Dan & I were married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple.
18. I did a year of my master's degree in school counseling through the University of Phoenix.
19. I love to sleep. Love, love, love. I'm learning to live without it since Lincoln came along!
20. I hate seafood, except for fish sticks and popcorn shrimp.
21. I'm scared of roller coasters.
23. I attended 3 colleges before getting my bachelor's degree.
24. I hated working before we got Lincoln.
25. I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom.
26. I love to play board games with friends and family.
27. My siblings are some of my best friends. They are the greatest!
28. I love to shop, but only when I can buy stuff.
29. I have a hard time keeping my house clean.
30. Holding and rocking Lincoln is one of my favorite things to do these days.
31. I'm scared to be pregnant.
32. I love spending time with my family.
33. I don't buy plants for my house because I'm pretty sure I will kill them.
34. I love eating cold pizza for breaksfast.
35. I hate to clean my bathroom.
36. I tell myself every morning that I'm going to exercise and it very rarely happens.
37. I love Diet Coke.
38. I always think food tastes better when someone else has made it.
39. I like folding laundry.
40. I go through phases where I crave childhood foods like peanut butter and jam sandwiches and mac and cheese.
41. I'm a people pleaser.
42. I love going to school.
43. We saw "Mary Poppins" on Broadway and it was amazing!
44. I love crawling into bed with clean sheets, clean pajamas, and shaved legs.
45. I've seen all 10 "Star Trek" movies. (Before you go judging me, let me just say this--it was totally at Dan's request, and I rarely stayed awake for longer than 30 minutes at a time so each movie took two to three sittings to watch. But they weren't too bad, especially the last ones.)
46. It makes me sad that I became a mom through someone else's heartache, but Lincoln's birthmom is one of the most amazing women I have ever met.
47. If I could go back and get my bachelor's degree again, I would get a degree in English teaching.
48. I'm not the type of person to go out of my way to make friends or meet new people.
49. I read PEOPLE.com almost every day.
50. I wish I liked to run--exercising would be so much easier.
51. I love high school but would never, ever want to go back. Too much drama.
52. I loved college and living with a bunch of girls (most of the time)!
53. I just watched "American Idol" and am SHOCKED that Carly Smithson was voted off.
54. I'm not a very good home decorator, but I love to look at ideas and get new stuff.
55. I have a ton of music on my iPod, but I always listen to the same stuff.
56. We own over 300 DVD's.
57. I love broccoli.
58. Everytime I see an airplane, it makes me want to take a trip somewhere.
59. My first kiss was when I was 19.
60. I think I would die without the Internet.
61. I would love, love, love to get laser hair removal.
62. I have 10-15 bottles of lotion from Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works and could always buy more.
63. I love chocolate, but sometimes wish I was one of those people who doesn't really like it.
64. I like the smell of gasoline and freshly mowed grass.
65. I think we'll live in Spanish Fork forever, and I'm okay with it.
66. If Dan gets home later than I expect him, I always get scared that he was in a car accident.
67. One of my worst habits is biting my fingernails.
68. I'm afraid of forgetting my mom.
69. I've always gotten along better with people a lot older than me than people my own age.
70. I always have a to-do list that's way too long and impractical.
71. I love just hanging out at home with Dan (and Lincoln).
72. I essentially wear the same thing every day, but in different colors--jeans and Downeast t-shirts.
73. I'm very self-conscious about the way I look when I go into public.
74. I have fabulous in-laws.
75. I like visiting big cities, but am totally more of a small-town girl.
76. I love Jane Austen books and movies, although I've never seen the 6 hour "Pride and Prejudice."
77. I own tons of books that I've never read, but I keep buying more.
78. I could spend hours in Barnes and Noble.
79. I love movies like "Nottinghill", "You've Got Mail", "French Kiss",
"Never Been Kissed", etc.
80. The first time I saw "Napolean Dynamite" I was so ornery that I had wasted my time.
81. I love to listen to Dan play the piano.
82. I love finding new recipes.
83. I think having a clean house is one of the best feelings.
84. I love checking the mail. I think it goes back to getting letters from Dan when he was on his mission. Too bad the mail mostly consists of bills now. Not nearly exciting.
85. I read the obituairies regularly.
86. I've wasted whole days playing a Star Wars video game. Who knew killing stormtroopers with a lightsaber could be so fun?
87. I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to adopt.
88. I love to make baby quilts (although I am still working on Lincoln's!)
89. I'm scared of throwing up.
90. When I write anything (grocery list, to-do list, card, etc) I start over if my handwriting isn't perfect.
91. I'm left-handed and hate when I smudge my writing. It makes me so mad!
92. I love going to St. George in the summer and just sitting by the pool.
93. I love musicals.
94. My favorite Disney movie is "Beauty and the Beast."
95. Dan and I went on our first date when we were 16.
96. Seeing Dan as a dad has made me love him more.
97. I hate math.
98. I like to pay bills, but hate to see our money disappear!
99. I always had a messy bedroom growing up and still find it hard to keep my bedroom clean.
100. Everytime I look at Lincoln, I think to myself how dang cute he is. I don't think I'll ever get over it!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, good job on the list. There's a lot I didn't know in there. I love diet coke too and my mom always says I'm just like Aunt Bonnie in that way. Maybe you are too:)

Brooke said...

ASh....that is so fun to read. I learned alot more about you! SOme things I knew...but some things I didn't. It was fun to see you and your cute family the other day! Sure love ya princess!

Fords said...

I love reading these and everytime I read them I can think of so many more to add to my list (I hope that doesn't make me self-centered, I like to think that I know who I am).

Hill said...

Okay, how did you not kiss your husband before you got engaged? you know I love ya, but I think that is one of the weirder things I've read on all these lists. I'm with Elise, I think I want to revise my whole list...

Hill said...

btw, I did loose all of my stuff on the side of my blog, that's why I hate phyzam. But I was trying a different site thinking that it wouldn't loose my stuff and it did, so I went to phyzam because they have cuter templates than this other one did. So if you talk to any one who knows a secret to that, let me know and I'll do the same for you:)

Ryan said...

After all of those trigonometry tutoring sessions and you still hate math? Ashley, I think I'm going to cry :( MATH RULES!

Natalie said...

Good job. I have to say I too would LOVE to be a great photographer some day. That has always been a dream or aspiration of mine.
And laser hair removal! Oh, yay!
Oh and you really should see the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice. Its really good!

Tyler said...

I am so glad I'm not the only weird one that likes to read the obituaries. If I don't have time to read the paper I make sure I at least get those read! I didn't know anyone else did that, too!

And, if my grocery lists aren't perfect, they get redone! Everything does... I hate when my writing is sloppy!

Magic Marker said...

I've learned lots of new things about you Ashley!

B & A said...

Hey Ashley! Your little boy is so stinking cute! I think it is so fantastic that you were able to adopt- what a blessing. I'm still in Spanish Fork too. Probably always will be. I loved looking at your pictures!