Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

things i love about being a mom

*Just holding Lincoln while he sleeps
*The cute sounds he makes as he drinks a bottle
*Having him just stare at me as I hold him
*Lincoln's yummy baby smell
*Lincoln's cute chubby cheeks and his perfect lips--SO CUTE!
*Watching Dan with Lincoln

This last week has gone by so fast and so well. Lincoln survived his first 4 hour car ride, his first meeting with both sets of grandparents and some of his aunts, uncles, and cousins, his first sponge bath, his first doctor's appointment, and his circumcision (traumatic experience for all of us!) Dan & I are both sleep deprived, but it's worth it. Lincoln is a very well-behaved, content little boy. We had a few diaper incident--or should I say lack of diaper incidents!--that were quite funny and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come!

I am so grateful to be a mom, even though it's not easy. I knew it would be an adjustment but I don't think there is any way to know the extent of the adjustment before actually experiencing it. I've always loved all my sleep, so being up several times during the night has been a little rough, but Lincoln makes it easy by just eating and going back to sleep. We'll keep our fingers crossed that he maintains his easy-goingness!

Here are a few more pictures from the last couple of days.



11 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

He is seriously oh so cute! It is a huge and hard adjustment becoming a mom. McCoy made it pretty easy for me by sleeping through the night since he was just 3 weeks old and before that he only would get up once. I have been truly spoiled and I know I will get what is coming to me with our next. Yikes!

Michelle D said...

We just LOVE LOVE LOVE all that hair and those cheeks! It probably helps that our little fella enjoys those two features as well. :-D

Congrats again, what fun, fun, fun...even if it IS an adjustment.

Hill said...

The first few weeks are hard. Fun but hard. It takes awile to get used to not getting more that 4 or 5 hours of straight sleep. but once you adjust to fragmented sleep life gets much better. and they are so yummy when they are so snuggly and sleepy. Get in all the snuggles you can now, because those don't last very long.

Kim said...

He is so handsome, I just want to squeeze him. Since he's a good size baby he might start sleeping longer sooner than later. Mine started sleeping 8 hours when they were about 10 days old because they were such chunkers. Good luck. My mom and sisters want to come see him, can we bring you dinner one of these nights? Let me know my email is bklunderscoresweets at yahoo.com (I've heard that if you type it out its harder for spamers to get it. so it's an _ in between.)

Anonymous said...

Ashley, He is way cute. Congrats on the new baby!

Natalie said...

It is definitely an adjustment... but like you said WONDERFUL! He sure is great. Remember... call me!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, he seems to be getting bigger and bigger. He is adorable! You are so lucky,and I'm happy for you.

Laurie said...

Ash~I am sooooo happy for you!! He is absolutely beautiful, I am so glad you look soooo happy! Love ya girl!!

Jen said...

Hi Ashley! My wife is usually the one that blogs but i was messing around with it tonight and I'm finding all sorts of people i knew. How are you? You have a beautiful little family!! I hope you don't mind me posting a comment on your blog. Just wanted to say hi. Tell your Family hello for me. Come check our blog out if you want. Just click on our name.

Ray Campbell

Emmett and Ashlee said...

He is so darn cute. Isn't swaddling the greatest! I have swaddled all of mine until they are 8 or 9 months so far. It is great to help them sleep.

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

hey ashley, this is a trick my mom taught me and it has worked with all three boys. It sounds weird, but works for me.
I don't know how else to explain, so the wordage might make it sound bad. Anyway, i'll try...
when you open his diaper to change it, puff air on his tinkler and then HURRY and close it...wait for a little bit and 8 out of ten times you will feel the diaper get warm...then you don't have to worry about getting peed on, although it is funny when you realize it's happening. Anyway, if that doesn't makes sense email me and i'll try to explain better

jennie boothe