Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

6 things

My sister-in-law Natalie tagged me to post 6 random things about myself. So, here it goes.

1. I'm a bad housekeeper. I really hate to admit this, especially to all my friends, but it's so true. I told Dan that once I was a stay-at-home mom that the house would always be clean and dinner would always be cooked. I hate to say that this isn't the case. I'm really conscious of this and try to be better. I tell myself often that my mom would be ashamed of me. Someday I'll get my act together.

2. I love, love, love to read. I have a five page list of books I want to read. Sadly I don't have as much time as I would like to just sit down with a good book. I love just going to a bookstore and browsing and have several books I have bought that I have yet to read. Some of my favorites include Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, The Harry Potter Series, and Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton.

3. I've recently begun to love making quilts. I've made four in the past year (3 baby quilts and one queen size) and get such satisfaction out of completing one. I think it's so fun to start out with such basic material and have such a fun end product. Here are some pictures.




4. I love to go to school and enjoy studying. I was so glad when I graduated from BYU, but before I had been graduated a year I was ready to go back. I did a year of my master's degree at the University of Phoenix before we got Lincoln. I love to learn and I love to feel like I'm expanding my knowledge base. I'm currently studying to receive my medical transription certification so it's like being in school.

5. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had to adopt Lincoln. I couldn't love him anymore than I do. Although I love adoption and the opportunities it presents to people, I want the chance to be pregnant and give birth. Some of you who have hard pregnancies may think I'm crazy. Right after Lincoln was born, I felt like I would be okay not having biological children, but it is something I hope to have the opportunity to experience.

6. This one is really random, but I really enjoy playing video games. Growing up, we had an Atari but never a Nintendo or anything because my parents thought it was a waste of time. (I don't disagree with them!) Since being married, though, I've learned to enjoy them! Whether it's PC games or XBox or Game Boy or what, I think it's fun to just sit and play. We recently got a Nintendo Wii and have had so much fun playing it together. It's a fun way to spend some time together after Lincoln goes to bed.


Okay, now I tag Bonnie E., Shelleen W., Brooke B., Elizabeth D., Jordan P., and Heidy M. Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.

HAVE FUN!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Way to go! First, don't ever think you have to "always" have the house clean and dinner ready! Otherwise thats all you'd ever be doing! At least that's how I feel. Your quilts are beautiful! Do you enjoy making the rag quilt? It turned out great! Sure love ya!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were such a quilting machine. I'll send my fabric to you and you can send it back in one of those awesome masterpieces. Also,did you ever get with my fried from the Mary Kay party that had the same medical history as you? Didn't she have a book or something? We hope you get to experience child birth too. And you are not crazy.

Michelle D said...

I know how you feel about the pregnancy thing. We are still "trying" and hope to find success. I think it just has something to do with womanhood - and I'd go through the worlds worst pregnancy to experience it. (oh great, now I've jinxed myself)

I also wasn't prepared for these feelings after we got Sammy. I thought everything would just be "normal." But there's nothing normal about adoption. I love every minute of it!!!

Heidy said...

Wow, I didn't know that you were such a quilt maker. They are beautiful. I am a clean freak but my house isn't always clean and I don't think anyone's is. By the way I did the tag.

Cameron and Amy said...

Wow!! You sure are talented! I wish I had the patience to make quilts like that. They are beautiful!! It's okay not to have a clean house and dinner all the time. We were picking up tonight and Liam said "Erin, we're picking up so the Holy Ghost can come to our house. He doesn't like messy houses." At least something's getting through right? You're such a fun, great person. What a good mommy you are to Lincoln!!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

That is awesome. I wish I knew how to sew. That is a great talent. I hope some day you get to give birth to a baby, but what an amazing thing to give a baby a life that he wouldn't have had another way. You are a great Mom and no matter how they come to your house, they are very blessed.