Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

warrior moms

I turned Oprah on today while I was folding laundry. I knew that Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey were the guests and I wasn't too interested, but turned it on anyway. Jenny McCarthy was talking about her son, Evan, and her book Mother Warriors. They told the story of one warrior mom who Jenny had gone and met with. Monica contracted a flesh-eating bacteria three days after the birth of her second daughter. Her uterus, ovaries, gallbladder, and most of her colon evenutally had to be removed, along with both of her arms and legs. During the whole experience, she said all she could think about was getting home to her family and being a mom.
After watching this, I realize that my life is so good and I have no reason to complain. I am healthy and have everything necessary to take care of myself and my family. It's always an eye opener and an inspiration to me to see others, such as Monica, who have every reason to be frustrated with life and complain, yet she was so positive and happy, grateful for life and her family. She made me want to be a better person.

Read more about Monica's story and Jenny McCarthy's book here.

4 comments:

Magic Marker said...

I love your new background, and my friend also got a flesheating bacteria after she had her 2nd child. Needless to say it was horrible and she didn't have any more kids...It's crazy that stuff like that can happen.

Natalie said...

We really are so, so blessed! Great to see you on Tuesday. You new fall background looks great.

The Witt Family said...

I saw the same episode and was in awe of that lady. She was amazing, and I don't think I could have done it. Lincoln is a doll! Maybe I'll get to meet him someday!

Heidy said...

Darling family pictures!!! I love them. I can't believe how big Lincolin is getting. He is so cute. I had to laught at your getting pulled over story.