Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 12, 2008

can i help you, officer?


I spent the day yesterday in Park City with my sister shopping. It was a long day and I was pretty tired by the time I was driving home around 8:30. I was a couple blocks from home when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw red and blue flashing lights behind me. Dang. I pulled over and waited. The nice officer came to my window and said he had pulled me over because I was drifting and didn't seem to be paying attention and asked if there was a reason. I told him I was just tired and trying to get home. He asked for my license and disappeared to his car for a few minutes. (Luckily, Lincoln was asleep and not screaming since it was way past his bedtime). When the officer came back, he told me they had been having a lot of problems and he had already made one DUI arrest that night. He told me to just be careful and let me be on my way. As I drove off I chuckled to myself as I realized he pulled me over under the suspicion that I was driving under the influence. I hope I didn't look that stupid once he saw me! I understand it was my driving that gave him that impression, which I still don't really get because I was driving fine (apparently not)and had just been briefly distracted by some idiot who cut me off. I guess I should be more careful when I drive when I'm a little tired and in a hurry to get home!

8 comments:

Hill said...

wow you need to cut back on the booze:) I got pulled over yesterday too, but it was because my car is expired.

Bonnie said...

oh my gosh, Ashley...did I tell you about when Brian got pulled over and instead of his lisence he gave the officer his debit card??? lol, great story!

Kim said...

That is way too funny.

Magic Marker said...

That is a great story! Just stay off of the alcohol:)

Jordan and Danny said...

I'm glad the officer didn't give you a ticket. If it would of been Danny who was pulled over, he would of gotten a huge fine. That's our luck. Cute family pictures! Lincoln is so big and cute!! And I'm not ignoring your tag, it's just blogging has taken a little bit of a back seat!

Cameron and Amy said...

I got pulled over for drunk driving twice! I even got the flashlight shined in my face. You know me, never without a drink in my hand. Okay, fine, I guess I'm just a terrible driver. Cute, cute family pics. I love Lincoln's smile.

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

Ashley! Thats so funny! I just wanted to tell you i loved seeing you the other day! You have a sweet little family, and it was so way fun catching up on old times.

Anonymous said...

hey ash, I looked up that info about toby at 6 months. I didn't have anything for 6, but at 7 months he was 16.91 lbs (25%) and 27.2" (55%) and at 5 months he was 14 lbs and 26". Hope that gives you an idea.