Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

8 months old


Today is Lincoln's 8 month birthday. I know I say this every month, but boy does time fly! I find myself missing the tiny baby stage where he would just sleep in my arms all day, but then I watch him and love to see his personality developing. He is learing so many new things and is so much fun. Here are few new things he does:
* I can set him next to his toy basket and he will be entertained for quite a while, pulling all of his toys out and then throwing them all over the room.
* We've started feeding him a few table foods, and he's really liking it. Now if only he'd get some teeth...
* He is figuring out how to pick up small things with his thumb and finger, but mostly just grabs with his whole fist. It's especially funny when he's trying to get his little snacks in his mouth!
* I think he's beginning to understand the meaning of "no"-don't touch the DVD player or eat the cords to Mom and Dad's laptops.
* He loves the tags on his toys almost as much as the toys themselves.
* He's becoming interested in books, even though he mostly just like to turn the pages and chew on them. Oh well, we have to start somewhere!
* He's discovered his tongue and loves to stick it out.
* He's gotten pretty vocal and says "mama", "dada" (doesn't know what they mean yet) and "nana" all the time.

It's so much fun to watch him discover the world around him and try new things. I love being his mom!




3 comments:

Janna said...

He's stinking adorable. I can't believe he's 8 months. He's looking less and less like a baby and more and more like a toddler.
What a little cutie.

Heidy said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love the one of him with the wrapping paper. I just read the one about when you found out you were getting lincoln. That is so sweet. What a neat experience.

Natalie said...

looks like he's having fun! cute pictures.