Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 28, 2008

ghost of thanksgiving past

I'm a horrible mom and didn't even get a single picture of Lincoln on his first Thanksgiving. One of Dan's cousins did take a picture, so here's evidence of Lincoln's first Thanksgiving.

Amy (Dan's cousin) and her husband Brian and cute daughter Tali; Jill (Dan's sister), Parry & Micah, Us, Janna (Dan's sister), Will, and Gracie


Now, to the explanation of the title of this post. This article brought back memories of a Thanksgiving long ago. I don't remember how old I was, but my family was stricken with a case of food poisoning after eating turkey sandwiches Thanksgiving night. I don't remember the sandwiches, I don't even remember that Thanksgiving. What I do remember (if throwing up stories gross you out, stop reading now) is my brothers and sister and me laying on the living room floor with our puke bowls, my mom on the couch, and my dad in the bathroom. Every time we heard Dad start hurling, the rest of us would start. It was awful. Just the memory of it is awful. I get nervous to eat Thanksgiving dinner now, although I try not to get too paranoid. What a great Thanksgiving memory, eh?

Hope you all had a great holiday!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, how sad that's your thanksgiving memory. Don't you remember running like crazy around that church, or having Santa show up sometimes? Hope you were able to have a better memory this year:)

Dan & Ashley said...

Kim, yes, I remember those Thanksgivings, too. But for some reason, the bad sticks out more! Guess it was more traumatizing!

Hill said...

Yikes, that is a bad one. I would be a little nervous too. Let me know how you like Wuthering Heights, I've been thinking about reading it.

Unknown said...

Our Thanksgiving this year wasn't quite that bad. Ruth had the stomach flu really bad Monday and Tuesday, and she's still a little sick. Then the kids started throwing up early in the morning yesterday, and they're still not doing so well today. So far I've escaped. (Knock on wood.)

My parents were in town staying with us, but they moved over to my sister's place so they wouldn't get sick. And Ruth and the kids ended up missing Thanksgiving altogether. I think it's mostly passed now, which is good because I'm tired of cleaning up puke.

bonnie jack said...

awesome story. i think my whole family got sick from a bad cheesecake after my wedding. i wasn't there.

Brian_n_Amy said...

HAHAHAHA!!! That is really funny (about the puking thing). I'm glad you were able to get the picture. I'm sorry I didn't take more. If you want to leave me your email, I will send you the rest of the pics I took of the party. Thanks for allowing me to get those photos. It was really good to see you guys!

Natalie said...

It was a great surprise to see you guys on Thanksgiving! Glad no one puked this year!

Magic Marker said...

I know that is a sad story but at the same time I can just picture all of you on the floor and your dad throwing up in the bathroom and then all of you following suit:) That's a classic story...

Bonnie said...

that is a funny story, it beats mine, Brian, Me and Kaleb all woke up with a cold on Thanksgiving, and I felt bad for myself, but gosh, I would rather have a cold than throw up my dinner.
by the way, thank Dan for the nice comment he left for us, it's nice to have support. you guys are the best, i'm sad were not closer