Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 15, 2008

christmas with granny and grandpa

This is my Granny and Grandpa, my mom's parents.


I feel so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents. Growing up, they lived five minutes away from us. After my mom died, when my dad had to work late every Monday night, I would often go to their house and eat dinner with them and just visit. On the year mark of my mom's death, I went to Granny's house during school and we both just cried. They have always been there for me, especially the last ten years. I love them dearly.

Growing up, we always had Christmas Eve with them and my aunts. This continued until I got married and then it became difficult to squeeze everybody in. The Christmas that I decided Christmas Eve with my mom's family was no longer feasible, I cried and cried. So, this year, my sister suggested that we do a nice dinner with us and Granny and Grandpa and my dad. We did it tonight at Nic & Natalie's house (my brother and sister-in-law). Natalie's house was all decorated cute and we had a yummy dinner and gave Granny and Grandpa their Christmas presents. I took my camera to take pictures, but it didn't happen. Oh well. I'm so glad Alecia suggested this and Nic & Natalie were able to host. Thanks guys!

I'm so grateful that I have grandparents who are still alive and that Lincoln will hopefully get to know. I know they aren't going to be around forever, but I'm so grateful for the relationship I have with them and the love and support they have given to me throughout my life.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you guys suggested it to! Nic and I always talk about how we need to do something like this with them each Thanksgiving or Christmas! We loved the evening... thanks!