Yesterday we had the opportunity to take Lincoln to the temple to be sealed to us. It was such a great day! I was a little nervous all morning, although I don't really know why. Probably just anticipation. We got to the temple and left Lincoln in the youth center. He was so happy an didn't even mind when we left him with a bunch of strangers. According to the women who were down there, he just played and giggled and jabbered with another baby there to be sealed to her parents. What a good boy!
It was weird to me to have all the "special treatment" again--I had my own temple worker with me the whole time and I got to get ready in room for those getting married or going through the temple for their first time. Once we were ready, Dan and I sat in a sealing room with the other couple who was there to have their baby sealed to them and heard their adoption story. Adoption really is amazing!
It was great to walk in the sealing room and see our friends and family there celebrating this occasion with us. Our sealer spoke briefly and then they brought Lincoln in. He looked so cute in his white clothes and he was so well behaved through the short ceremony.
I am so grateful for the Gospel and the sealing power. Knowing that Lincoln will be ours forever is such a comfort to me. I love him so much and I can't imagine my life without him. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father led his birthmother to us and brought him into our lives.


14 comments:
Oh, my gosh. Your family is SO STINKIN' CUTE. I can hardly stand it. And the joy I see in your faces because you know you're sealed forever now . . . it made my evening.
i'm so glad you have that little guy. i like him a lot!
So cute!!! What a great reminder of how lucky we are to have temples and the sealing power to be with our families forver...I wouldn't want it any other way!!
That is so awesome, congratulations. Those pictures turned out great.
Okay, umm the one with him holding your hands made me bawl. I'm a baby. But he is so so adorable. I am so thrilled for you guys.
Yes, I have to agree with the other commentors. What a very cute little family. It just shows on all of your faces how thrilled you were. I am so happy for you guys.
Beautiful pictures! I was just looking at our temple pics right before I got on the computer! I love that we get to have these special experiences through adoption. And I love the reminder we get of being an eternal family! Congrats on your forever family!
Congratulations, your pictures look great. I'm so excited for you guys.
Congrat to your cute family! What a great day!!!
YAY! What a wonderful day! I'm so glad we could be a part of it! Sure love you guys. Awesome pictures.
That brought back so many great emotions. Congrats you guys! Lincoln is one lucky boy.
Congratulations guys!! What a great day that must have been!
congrats!!! What beautiful pictures.
So I am WAY BEHIND the times...but I just got teary eyed reading all about your sealing. I couldn't be happier for you guys. I just love you so much Ash. I'm sure it was incredible....and I love the pictures. They are priceless!
Post a Comment