Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 26, 2008

christmas day

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! We were able to spend Christmas Eve & most of Christmas with Dan's family. His brother who is on a mission called on Christmas Eve and we were able to talk to him for about 45 minutes. The rest of Christmas Eve we just visited and ate a lot. Lincoln didn't think he needed to go to bed, so he stayed up with all of us until 10:30. Even then, we had to put him in bed with us until he fell asleep and then we were able to put him in his pack 'n play. 6:00 came pretty early the next morning, and Lincoln was not happy! You'll notice in some of the pictures he looks a little drugged. Nope, he was just super tired. He wasn't too interested in opening presents, but was happy once the toys were accessible! We had a pretty low-key day just relaxing and just enjoying being with our family. We had a yummy ham dinner before braving the weather in the afternoon and heading home. Lincoln took a nap while Dan spent over an hour on the phone with HP Customer Service because our brand new printer from Santa wouldn't work. Frustrating. After going to visit my dad for a little while, we came home and put Lincoln to bed and then Dan & I played the XBox.


I'm always a little sad when Christmas is over, but I'm so grateful for the reason we celebrate and for the time we get to spend with our families. 2008 was a great year for us and I hope that 2009 is even better!





My stepmom did the whole family's Christmas pajamas this year. Here we are in our matching PJ's!



5 comments:

Natalie said...

sounds like a great day. love the pjs! our family does rock!

bonnie jack said...

why did you get up so early? oh my heck.

Magic Marker said...

I can't believe how dark Lincoln's hair is! He is so cute! I'm always sad when Christmas is over too, but it's exciting every year when it comes around:)

Matthew and Elizabeth Dykman said...

Cute! Love the matching pjs! Christmas is so much more fun with kids. It will be so fun when they start getting older.

Heidy said...

I am glad that you had a good Christmas. Lincoln may have looked a little tired but still oh so cute. I hope you have a Happy New Year.