Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Attention all digital scrapbookers!

So, I've downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements and also downloaded some pretty dang cute stuff from shabbyprincess.com (thanks Elise!) Now, I'm in the very beginning stages of becoming a digital scrapbooker but I need some help. Those of you who do this, how did you learn? Have you just figured it out through online tutorials or what? Anyone interested in giving me a lesson? We could make a day out of it! Honestly, I just need some advice on where to start and how to learn how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Online tutorials are probably a good place to start, especially if you don't have any experience with photoshop. Scrap-bytes.com & thedigichick.com are two other websites that I've used before, but I agree with Elise, Shabby Princess has the best, especially for free.

Good luck. And just wait until you have a cute little one to scrapbook! They're much more fun than adults!

Brooke said...

Hey Ash!! If you make a day out of it...I want to come. I'm pretty sure Photoshop is what my hubby is getting me for my birthday (at least I hope so)...but maybe we should test it out first! Where did you get the free trial at? I also found this blog/site that offers free online classes. http://jessicasprague.com/index.php
I bookmarked it becuase I can't wait to start learning how! I just need the stuff right now! If you get a minute let me know where you got the trial stuff. I've bookmarked LOTS of digi sites and started a little digi file on how to do stuff as I've looked and found stuff. I'll email you what I have after work today! Still thinking about you and crossing my fingers! Love ya princess!

ale said...

Hey Ashley... I do it... well haven't done it in a while, but I've done over 30 pages. Anyway, if you need any help, let me know. I know a ton! I have photoshop elements too. If you need any scrapbook pages, I have a ton, and have made a lot aswell.
I can come over and help you if you want!

S.K. said...

You'll love it. I got PSE for Christmas and have really enjoyed making layouts. I've even dabbled a little in designing my own pages and elements. It is a lot of fun, and the perfect time for you to start! I wish I had learned years ago before my kids were born...now I have to catch up and though it's only 3 years I am finding I will never have enough time to catch up! Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions. I learned from my mom who is a graphic designer. Good luck! Looks like you'll have a lot of help.

Sheri