Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

busy, busy, busy

It's been a little longer than usual since I've posted. I've been busy working on projects getting ready for the baby. I just finished a big one--pictures and description to come later--so my stress level has gone down significantly. I still need to organize all of our shower gifts in the nursery and find a place for everything. And, I still would like to clean my house really well. Luckily, I'm done with work next Friday and hopefully Lincoln won't decide to make his appearance too early and I can get everything done!

My sister and sister-in-laws threw me some fabulous showers the last two weeks. I am so lucky to have such fabulous family and friends. Thanks to everyone we are (I hope) very well prepared. I think I've hit panic mode and begun to realize that I have no idea what I'm doing. My dad reassured me that just because I'm not giving birth doesn't mean I am any less prepared than any other new mom. I hope he's right!

Here's a few pictures from the showers. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful gifts!




5 comments:

Kim said...

Your shower was so much fun. You'll be such a great mom. I'm so excited for you. You'll be fine, none of us really know what we're doing, it's a learning process. Just know it's okay to cry if you get overwhelmed, and kids are full of love and very forgiving.

Hill said...

I totally agree with that comment. For the most part, they don't know what they are doing so how are we supposed to know what to do for them. and just know that as soon as you figure him out, he'll switch things up on you. They like to keep us on our toes.

the splendid life of us... said...

I am sure you have everything you need! I just made sure I had only the necessities and the bare minimum before McCoy was born, because I knew I could always go to the store to get what I needed. That took alot of stress off of feeling prepared. I just was freaking out that I was going to be totally responsible for a brand-newborn.

My sister had her second child and her first boy 3 weeks before McCoy was born. I was talking to her everyday asking questions and talking to her about my concerns and complaining to her about this and that. It was so helpful! So I hope you have someone like that to talk to often. If not you can email me and I would be happy to answer any new baby questions, or even listen to a little complaining (because I felt like I couldnt complain to many people because I had waited for this for so long.)

bbergers@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash, I see lots of pictures of blankets...trust me, you can never have enough! I swear we would wash like 3 a day.
Do you have the book "What to Expect in the First Year"? I found it very helpful. I would just read along as he got older and would find things very helpful.

Anonymous said...

p.s.-all you will want to talk about is your baby and every little thing that comes along with being a new mom! You will want to ask everyone in Wal-mart how old their baby is and what the latest trick they've learned, or what their preference on wipes or sippy cups...and the funny thing is that they will do the same to you. Every conversation will involve babies and motherhood at some point or another. And if you ever feel that people are getting tired of listening...call me (because I don't!)