Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Is today the day?

With our birthmom's (let's start calling her M) due date only two weeks away, I have to admit that I wake up each morning and think to myself, "Is today the day?" When the day passes with no news, I go to bed thinking, "Maybe tomorrow..." We are so excited for this baby to be born. I can't even express it in words. Part of me is scared to death to be a mom and have this little tiny person depend on me for everything and the other part just can't wait. I know there are going to be many changes in our lives, but we've waited for so long for this that I know it's going to be so worth it.

Well, I'm off to bed with no news today. Maybe tomorrow...

9 comments:

Fords said...

I sure hope that it is tomorrow for your sake!! There is nothing like waiting and waiting for your baby to be born. I am so excited for you.

Tyler said...

It's Meagan Wilson, from high school. I am so excited for you! I check your blog almost daily to see if "today is the day!" Congratulations.

Hill said...

I get so excited to see a post from you to see if you've heard news. But thinking about it, you probably won't sit down to post after you get that phone call. SO excited for you, and think about you every day.

Magic Marker said...

Make sure to let us know so we can come and see him!

Josh, Janae, and Ainslie said...

We're crossing our fingers for tomorrow . . . Be sure to let us know, we're very excited to meet him!

Fords said...

To answer your question about digital scrapbooking, the best place to start is getting some software - Photoshop Elements is pretty easy to work with and it is fairly inexpensive. After that, you need to download as many free papers and embellishments as you can and burn them onto disks. I haven't bought a digital kit yet and I have done alot of pages. The cutest stuff I have found is from shabbyprincess.com. Beware, if I get you started on this, you will become addicted.

Natalie said...

You are so cute! Maybe... today?! We can't wait to hear! I love that you guys have the carseat and bag in the car. I was laying in bed in labor telling Nic what to pack!

Autumn said...

AHHHHH!!! This is so exciting!!! Will you get a call when she goes into labor, or just when he arrives? I'm SO excited for you! You'll be a great mom.

the splendid life of us... said...

I felt this same way! I can't wait to hear the news! Hurry up Lincoln!