Friends & Family

Our Adoption Profile

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

autumn days


I love fall and I love making soup in the fall and winter. But I need some new recipes. Please, anyone who has a soup recipes that they love, leave it in my comments and share the love with all of us!

8 comments:

Janae said...

I love butternut squash soup and it is super easy.

Ingredients
1 butternut squash, peeled
Nutmeg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
Directions
Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.

bonnie jack said...

yum. i don't think i have any good soup recipes. so i'll be checking back here for more. :)

Hill said...

my mom has a tasty cream of chicken noodle that is super easy. I'll try to get her to leave it on here.

Cameron and Amy said...

This one's kind of long, but I looove potato soup. So bear with...
Potato Soup
3 1/4-4 C. water
4 Chicken bullion cubes (I use the powder)
2-4 Potatoes-peeled and chunked
2-3 carrots-sliced
1/2 tsp. dill
Boil all this together until vegetables are tender, then mash until coarse.
1/4 C. butter
4 T. flour
1 C. milk
1 C. cheese
Melt together butter and flour. Add milk and cheese and thicken. Add sauce to veggies and mix and heat up well. Remove from heat and add 1/2 C. sour cream. Garnish with bacon, ham, sour cream, cheese or green onions.

Kim said...

One of our favorites is Cheese Soup

1 1/2 C Grated Carrotts
1/2 Diced onions
1 C Bisquick
1/8 tsp pepper
2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 C Diced Celery
1/2 C Margarine
1/2 tsp Paprika
2 C Milk
4 Cans chicken broth
Cook carrotts, celery, and onions in margarine until transparent and tender about 10 min. Stir in bisquick and spices. Remove from heat and gradually stir in chicken broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat add milk, cheese and cook till cheese melts.

Hope you enjoy!

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm excited to try these soups! I love making a potato cheese soup... but I don't really have a recipe, so I'm not much help. I also love making Daishan's Tortellini soup, homemade chicken noodle, and taco soup (super easy! Let me know if you need the recipe for that one.)

Natalie said...

I haven't tried this... but I want to. it looks yummy!

Summer Corn Chowder

4 oz. Bacon (or 2 T. olive oil)
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 can diced green chili
2 ribs celery, diced
1/2 t. thyme
salt & fresh ground pepper
3-4 c. chicken stock (less stock if you want thicker soup)
2 1/2 c. yellow summer corn (or 1 medium bag of frozen corn)
5 oz. red potatoes, diced (about 4-5 medium sized potatoes)
1 - 2 pieces grilled chicken, diced
1 1/2 c. half & half

Cook bacon in stockpot until browned; remove and transfer to a paper towel, set aside. Discard all but 2 Tablespoons of the drippings. (OR...in stockpot, heat up 2 T. olive oil) Add onions, celery, thyme, salt & pepper, and green chili; cook until onions are translucent. Add stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.

Add corn & potatoes; cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add half and half, as well as the chicken, and simmer until soup is hot. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.

Ladle soup into bowls and garnish by crumbling bacon on top.

Janna said...

MMMMM. I don't know if you have ever tried a recupe like this, but it sounds sooooo good to me. They have a soup like this at Outback Steakhouse and its my favorite there. It looks easy. It's baked potato soup. Here's the link.
http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/10/baked-potato-soup.html
let mr know if the link doesn't work.