Wednesday, October 29, 2008
so grateful
I've been working on scrapbook pages of Lincoln's birth and the few days afterwards that we spent in St. George with his birthmom in the hospital. Last night as I was looking through pictures to use, I got an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for Lincoln's birthmom. I don't think everyday of the fact that he is adopted or that he is not biologically mine. Because I feel like he is. I couldn't love him any more if he were. But when I think about it and remember what his birthmother did for us, I feel so, so blessed. It takes a very special woman to carry a child for nine months and then to place him in the care of someone else. I know that she was guided to choose us as Lincoln's parents, just as we were prompted at the right time to start the adoption process. When I think of how smoothly everything came together for us, it makes me so grateful to Heavenly Father and his love for us. He knew Lincoln was meant to be ours and I'm so grateful to a woman who was open and receptive to the Spirit in order for us to get our son. So eternally grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
that is so neat, you are getting really good at your scrapbooking. He will cherish those pages in years to come.
It truly does take someone special and a whole lot of strength to be able to do that...I have no doubt that you are wonderful parents and that he is so lucky to be with you.
that would be a really difficult thing to do, and we are so glad she did it!
So true. I really can't imagine. You are so good, Ash!
Post a Comment