
I've been wanting Lincoln to learn to hold his bottle for about a month now. Once he started reaching for and being able to hold onto his toys I figured it wasn't too far-fetched to think he could hold his own bottle. So, I would try at least once a day without much success. Then last Wednesday I was at Walmart and saw the Playtex Kinder-grip and thought I would give it a try. He did really well at first, but would take the bottle in and out of his mouth and would get milk all over his face and never stayed interested enough to feed himself the whole 6 ounces. But I knew we were making progress. I'm happy to report that as of today, he will lay and drink his whole bottle all by himself! I think he actually prefers to do it himself now than to be held and fed. He still plays and gets milk on his face, but he's doing really well. He'll even hold his bottle with one hand while he plays with a toy with the other. I love watching him reach these milestones but it makes me a little sad that he's growing up so fast! Now if he would just learn to roll over...
The first time trying the new bottle.
Doing it all by himself!

SO HAPPY!


5 comments:
I was just thinking today that he really looks like he belongs to you! he looks like he fits right in. you guys make a beautiful family
That last pic is too cute. I loved when Ammie figured that out, independence is a great thing.
Certainly Dan won't let him drink out of that pink bottle...right?
No pink bottles in this house!
What a big boy. Believe me you can wait for the rolling over, once they start getting around it never stops and you soon learn how un-baby-friendly your house is. Just enjoy the fact that he stays where you put him:)
Post a Comment