Yep, it's official. We are now legally Lincoln's parents! YEAH! We had our hearing with Judge Stott of the 4th District Court at 9:00 this morning. After our caseworker testified, our lawyer asked Dan and me a few questions. He asked both of us to tell the court how it's been having Lincoln in our home. It was so hard to put into words what he's brought into our lives and how much we love him. It was great to hear the judge say that in all things legal it is as if Lincoln is our natural child. He told us that this is a great thing we have done and that the three of us need each other. The hearing lasted about 20 minutes. It was great and we love that he is officially ours!
The three of us with judge Stott

Our family that was with us at court. Thanks for your love and support!
9 comments:
Congratulations! That's so exciting.
I'm so excited for you guys. So how does it feel? Does a weight feel lifted? You are such a cute family and we love you guys.
Congratulations, I'm so glad that everything went well and that it is all done.
Congrats!!! That is amazing. I am so happy for you guys. He is so big and absolutely adorable.
Oh Happy Day! Congrats! You have a very cute little family.
Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait for this weekend!
That is wonderful. I am so happy for you. A few of your posts have brought tears to my eyes. This was sweet, and the one about your mom. Give Alecia a hug for me. :)
How exciting! Congratulations!
Hi, I was just passing through from another blog and had to stop to comment on your post! Congratulations on your son. I think adoption is so wonderful, thank you for posting about it.
Post a Comment